An accomplished, multi-faceted, committed, and enthusiastic career Internal Auditor, Risk
Management and Compliance Specialist with over 20 years leadership experience leading
and managing diverse teams. Strong accounting professional with bias to business process
improvement. Ability to critically analyze data and processes to identify risks and
improvement opportunities. Meticulous Internal Auditor with over 20 years of direct
experience conducting audit planning activities and reviewing and compiling financial data.
Martin Bikuri is a motivated leader with high integrity and ability to envision and implement solutions for complex situations and diverse industry and functional proficiency to improve policies, systems, procedures, controls, compliance and enhance risk management as well as increase revenues and
Fekan Howell CPA
• Provided Internal audit, risk management, Governance, compliance, and process
improvements services at the highest level to medium size organizations.
• This involved both direct work as well as directing and leading teams.
• Internal audit outsourcing
• Internal audit co-sourcing
• Internal audit partnering
• Quality assurance reviews
• Process and internal controls advisory
Meru County Government
• Successfully managed annual department budgets of 4 million USA Dollars and staff
complement of over 250 in this role and overall County Government annual budget of
• Drove strategic improvements to enhance operational and organizational efficiencies.
• Exercised appropriate cost control to meet budget restrictions and maximize value.
• Spearheaded successful business development initiatives aligned with organization’s
strategy and core competencies.
• Continuous review of policies and procedures to ensure consistent with laws and to
mitigate emerging risks.
Risk Management Group Ltd
• Advising organizations on risk management, internal audit, corporate governance, and
business process improvement
• Served as subject matter expert by advising clients and customers on improvement of
business processes and improving internal controls.
• Support organizations to design and implement Enterprise Risk Management programs
according to the ISO 31000 & COSO framework.
• Successfully facilitated risk assessment workshops to identify and assess risks and
opportunities and to monitor progress on mitigation strategies.
Over the years have built a proven ability to quickly analyse key political and business forces and public
policy dynamics and develop strategies that result in measureable improvements in operations, governance, finance
and business development.
1. Board Member and Chairman of the
Audit, Risk and Governance Committee
Muthaiga Golf Club 2020-2022
2. Vice President and Training Coordinator-
Institute of Internal Auditors Kenya- 2004-
3. Secretary- Risk Management Institute of
4. Chairman of Audit Committee-Olive Leaf
K-Rep Bank – Kenya
• Build the Enterprise Risk Vision to inform the Bank's Strategic Plan
• Successfully developed and designed Enterprise risk architecture for the bank from
design, implementation, management, and continuous improvement for all risk
categories, operational, financial, information technology, Credit and Liquidity risk
• Designed and implemented processes to enhance the enterprise risk management
effectiveness in the first and second lines of defense as well as liaison with the third lines
• Developed and delivered training to disseminate the risk awareness culture.
• Designed business ethics and whistle blower programs.
• Report the Enterprise risks and opportunities to both management risk assurance
committee and the board risk management committee.
Delphis Bank Ltd
• Participated in the planning and execution of the full range of in-depth internal audits,
inspections, and investigations including preparation of audit work plans for approval.
• Collaborated in the evaluation of audit, inspection, and investigation results to identify
and analyze findings and trends in internal control weaknesses and deficiencies and make
comprehensive recommendations for corrective action.
• Prepare, review and revise all draft audit reports, including workpapers and supporting
documentation prior to final submission as a quality control measure to determine
validity, reliability, adequacy of coverage and adherence to established policy, procedure
BDO Githongo And Co CPA
• Team leader in charge of engaging the client, planning, selecting and training the audit
teams to carry out the audit.
• Offering assurance and advisory services to a wide range of clients in diverse economic
• Ensuring quality of audit process and reports through continuous reviews to ensure
compliance to International Standards of Audit and International Reporting Standards.
• Identified control gaps in processes, procedures and systems through in-depth research
and assessment and suggested methods for improvement.
• Lead complex financial audit activities for clients in various sectors and industries for
annual financial reporting.
14632 Pinto Lane, Rockville, MD 20850
United States Of America
Terms and Conditions